Finepoint: preorders for the new Canon C200
GTC sponsors Finepoint are taking preorders on the new Canon C200 camera.
The new Canon C200 is a compact cinema camera that is capable of shooting up to 12-bit 4K 50p, or continuous 120p in full HD without crop. The C200 also features internal Cinema Raw Light capture – the first camera in the EOS range to support this new RAW format. This can all be seamlessly recorded internally to a CFast 2.0 card, and is powered by dual DIGIC DV6 processors.
- The first Cinema EOS camera to support Cinema RAW Light: Cinema RAW Light offers the same flexibility and quality as Cinema RAW while outputting far more manageable file sizes.
- High frame-rate recording: the C200 offers 4K capture at 50fps and 1080p capture up to 120fps internally, all without a crop.
- Up to 13 stops of dynamic range: while shooting in RAW or C-Log the C200 can capture an impressive 13-stops of dynamic range, allowing greater flexibility when capturing highlights and shadow details.
- Wide ISO range: an ISO range of 100-102,400 ensures impressive performance even in low-light conditions
- Built-in neutral density filters: Built-in ND filters provide up to 10 stops of light transmittance, providing even greater flexibility when controlling the light in a shot, and depth-of-field control.
Cinema RAW Light
A new flexible codec that offers all of the benefits of shooting RAW without the excessively bulky file sizes. Canon have worked with their partners to provide a codec that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible, while ensuring it remains compatible with the major colour-correction applications.
Ergonimically designed for maximum usability
Featuring a next generation Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system, connectivity and reliability all in a compact 1.4kg package, the C200 was engineered to meet the needs of the modern videographer.
Powered by Dual DIGIC DV6 processors
The C200 boasts enough power to record high frame-rate 4K internally at 150mbps and even 2K at 35mbps to SD card in MP4 format.
See more about the C200.