GTC sponsor Blackmagic announces nine new products at NAB
There is no stopping GTC sponsors Blackmagic Design at the moment - the innovative company announced an amazing nine new products at the recent NAB show.
There are two new models in the Blackmagic camera family: the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K.
The Pocket Cinema Camera ($995) comes with a Super 16mm sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range, an MFT mount and records in ProRes and 12 bit RAW. The Production Camera 4K is a new high-resolution 4K digital film camera with an innovative large Super 35 size sensor with professional global shutter, combined with precision EF mount optics and high quality Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) file recording for only US$3,995.
The company is pleased to be able to show a complete Ultra HD workflow, from live production up to post production, with four new Ultra HD products, including the ATEM Production Studio 4K, Blackmagic Audio Monitor, ATEM Studio Converter 2 and HyperDeck Studio PRO Ultra HD Recording.
The new products announced include:
- Blackmagic Production Camera 4K: $3995 (URL) The Production Camera 4K is a new high resolution 4K digital film camera with an innovative large Super 35 size sensor with professional global shutter, combined with precision EF mount optics and high quality Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) file recording for only US$3,995.
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera: $995 (URL): The Pocket Cinema Camera ($995) comes with a Super 16mm sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range, an MFT mount and records in ProRes and 12 bit RAW.
- ATEM Production Studio 4K: $1995 (URL) ATEM Production Studio 4K is the world's first Ultra HD/4K production switcher with support for Ultra HD live production with GB-SDI and HDMI technology and is only $1,995. It lets customers connect up to eight SD, HD or Ultra HD 4K video cameras, disk recorders and computers for live production and includes all the features expected from a professional switcher, including chroma key, transitions, media pool, downstream keyers, audio mixer, multi view and the world's first 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K video connections.
- Blackmagic Audio Monitor: $1495 (URL) The Blackmagic Audio Monitor is Blackmagic's first audio focused product line where customers can get great quality audio monitoring with Ultra HD 4K technology built in as standard. It is a new rack mount extremely high quality audio monitoring solution with advanced 6G-SDI video for Ultra HD video sources, as well as regular analog audio and SDI video inputs, integrated video monitor and integrated LED level meter for only US$1,495.
- Resolve 10: (URL) Resolve has a major update, as we are showing Resolve 10 on our booth. Resolve 10 will be shipping in Q3, and includes new features for integrating the workflows of multiple different software products used in the film and television industry. It also has upgraded on set tools, enhanced editing features, support for OpenFX plug ins as well as added new tools for delivering final project masters to cinemas.
- ATEM Studio Converter 2: $1995 (URL) A new model of the popular ATEM Studio Converter product with enhanced talkback features, upgraded design and the addition of 6G-SDI support allowing support for Ultra HD video when 6G optical fiber modules become available. ATEM Studio Converter includes 4 optical fiber converters in a one rack unit size chassis, combined with built in talkback features. ATEM Studio Converter is designed to operate with ATEM Camera Converters and allows the use of low cost optical fiber to connect cameras long distances away from the live production switcher. ATEM Studio converter supports both embedded SDI tally and also includes talkback features using the spare channels 15 and 16 in the SDI connections to the camera.
- SmartScope: $995 (URL) SmartScope Duo is a unique dual rack monitor with built-in broadcast accurate waveform monitoring on large 8 inch LCD screens, allowing any combination of video and waveform monitoring, all in the single unit for only US$995. SmartScope Duo features two large 8 inch LCD screens in a compact rack mount design that is less than an inch thick and includes powerful image processing allowing each of the two screens to be independently selected between video monitoring and waveform monitoring. It offers 7 types of waveform display, including waveform, vectorscope, RGB parade, YUV parade, histogram and an audio scope with 16 channels of SDI audio and audio phase meter.
- DeckLink Mini Monitor and Mini Recorder: $145 (URL) Two new capture and playback solutions featuring 3 Gb/s SDI and HDMI connections plus high speed PCIe technology. DeckLink Mini Monitor and DeckLink Mini Recorder are extremely compact PCIe cards that include PCIe shields for both regular PCIe slots and low profile slots commonly found on servers. They support all common SD/HD formats for incredible quality video and will be available for only $145.
- Blackmagic MultiDock: (URL) A new rack based hard disk chassis with Thunderbolt technology that allows up to 4 hard disks or solid state disks to be inserted and mounted on any Thunderbolt based Mac or Windows computer for $595.The Blackmagic MultiDock allows independent disks to be inserted and mounted on the user's computer, or multiple disks can be striped together to build an inexpensive Thunderbolt based disk array.