The Camera Map: A new guide to pro cameras
Connecting camera users and suppliers
The Camera Map is an innovative resource for anyone looking to hire or buy professional cameras for film, broadcast or video productions.
The Camera Map aims to:
- Provide a dedicated, camera-only resource, for the UK industry.
- Give users a location-specific, map-based directory so they can find the right camera wherever they are.
- Fill the gap in the market for an elegant, mobile-friendly online directory.
- Give users multi-media options, by publishing online, print and email versions of the guide.
- Explore developing trends within the community for accessing motion cameras.
- Create an organic resource that can be shaped with the input of both users and suppliers.
- Watch the site grow as Pocket Films implements these key goals and introduces additional features.
Primary supplier search filters allow users to look for suppliers using five key criteria:
- Type of production
- Brand of camera
- Type of supplier (hire, sales or brand) magnifying glass
In addition, a search facility provides a quick search of keywords, such as specific camera models that suppliers have highlighted in their inventory. For the most up-to-date camera specifications and availibility, there are web links for all featured suppliers.
See more about The Camera Map