ARRI ALEXA Mini LF Software Update Package SUP 7.0
GTC sponsor ARRI has announced the ALEXA Mini LF SUP 7.0 software update with many new and exciting features.
One of the most asked for additions to the Mini LF has been Super 35 recording formats. With these new formats, the Mini LF is now more flexible than ever and can be used for both large-format and Super 35 productions. In addition, three of the four Super 35 recording formats offer higher frame rates than the ALEXA Mini.
At the same time, the cameras’ features have been extended for the immensely popular large format. Two new large format recording formats deliver the large format look with a significantly reduced data rate (HD or UHD recording). Many additional features based on customer requests greatly improve the overall usability of the camera.
A full list of features, download of the SUP, the camera manual and of the Release Notes with a detailed explanation of each feature can be found on the ALEXA Mini LF SUP 7.0 download page in the Service section of the ARRI website.
ALEXA Mini LF SUP 7.0 Features Overview
New Super 35 recording formats
- 3.4K S35 3:2–3.4K up to 60 fps
- 3.2K S35 16:9 – 3.2K up to 75 fps
- 2.8K S35 4:3 – 2.8K up to 75 fps
- 2.8K S35 16:9 – HD up to 100 fps
New large format recording formats
- 4.3K LF 16:9 – UHD up to 48 fps
- 4.3K LF 16:9 – HD up to 75 fps
- Expanded recording format names
- Improved MAGNIFICATION monitoring icon
- Support for Signature Zoom Extender 1.7x
- Expanded list of default framelines
- Increased number of framelines
- User setup file forward/backwards compatibility
- Camera Access Protocol (CAP) enhancements
- Improved communication with LBUS devices
- ECS improvements
- Improved logfile exporting
- Powerline Communication
- System stability improvements