GTC sponsor Electra kit room assistant / camera trainee vacancy
Full time Kit Room Assistant/Camera Trainee required for busy facilities company, Electra – based in Brentford, West London.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering and collecting equipment is integral to the position, therefore experience of driving vans is essential as is a full clean, manual drivers’ licence.
- Maintaining cleanliness of company vehicles along with basic vehicle maintenance.
- Preparation of kits for shooting crews.
- Checking in and out of equipment.
- Maintaining and cleaning filming equipment to a high standard.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, work areas, test room, lunchroom and kitchen neat.
- Due to the often, unpredictable nature of filming schedules, the position will involve very early starts and very late finishes from time to time, as well as occasional weekend work via a rotational basis.
- Full training will be given in all aspects of camera, lighting, grip and sound skills to prepare the right person to become a camera assistant.
- Applicants must have a flexible approach, good eye for detail, with a can-do attitude and the ability to work under pressure.
- Upholding the company values at all times.
Skills & Attributes
- Live with easy access to Brentford.
- Full clean manual UK licence (minimum 1 year experience).
- Basic electrical knowledge e.g. wiring a plug.
- Basic vehicle maintenance knowledge.
- Interest in technology and be technically minded.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Good communication skills.
- Honesty at all times
- Good understanding of IT.
- Good initiative and positive attitude.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Work well as part of a team.
This is an entry-level position for those interested in pursuing a career in the
technical side of television. Applicants will be given full on the job training, and
ultimately be equipped to enter the industry as a Freelance Technician. Starting salary
Applicants should send a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - and please head it ‘Kit Room Vacancy’.