Ikegami to demo 4K MoIP Gateway Module for UHK-430 Camera at IBC 2019
GTC sponsor Ikegami, a leader in HD and UHD cameras and production equipment for television content creators and broadcasters, will be introducing a 4K Media-over-IP gateway for the UHK-430 studio camera to the European market at IBC 2019.
Designed to slot directly into the camera's CCU-430 control unit, the new module allows 4K UHD video, and additional signals such as intercom and return-video feeds, to be exchanged between the CCU-430 and a local IP network hub along a lightweight optical fibre. This removes the need for multiple SDI cables, enabling easy and low latency signal distribution.
Uncompressed video can be transmitted via an integral optical interface using either one 25 GbE or two 10 GbE SFP modules. Redundancy can be implemented easily by installing additional SFP modules, ensuring reliability. The MoIP interface module can also be combined with an HD output option to deliver 2160p, 1080p and 1080i over IP and/or SDI simultaneously. As many broadcast systems currently use a mix of SDI and MoIP, two 12G SDI are included as a standard to help with the transition to a simpler workflow.
Ikegami's UHK-430 is a 4K-native studio camera system with simultaneous HDR/SDR processing. Its three 2/3 inch CMOS sensors provide full 3840 x 2160 UHD resolution plus the depth of field needed for studio and outdoor production. The camera is equipped with a B4 bayonet mount compatible with 2/3 inch HD lenses. An optional SE-U430 expander accommodates large studio or OB lenses.
Additional features of the UHK-430 include:
- the newly-developed Ikegami AXII processor – allows 40 gigabit/s uncompressed full bandwidth video transmission and enables the UHK-430 to deliver a wide range of features power-efficiently, including 16-axis colour correction and focus-assist for 4K and HD video modes
- BT.2020 extended colour space specification in 4K mode
- BT.709 colour space in HD modes – can be switched in during 4K operation
- a weight of 4.5kg in its standard form
- two-inch viewfinder
- portable lens
- camera head dimensions of 149 mm wide x 243 mm high x 340 mm front-to-back
This year's IBC runs from 13–17 September at RAI in Amsterdam and Ikegami will be on stand 12.A31.
For more information, please call +49 (0)2 1311 230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org