Steady Rest gives a leg up to Matthews' Sliders
MSE Steady Rest offers Slider end support and Steadicam stand
A favourite of camera operators, sound techs and grips alike, Matthews’ Sliders feature solid construction, modular versatility and ultra-smooth and silent moves. Proprietary oversized roller wheels offer silky motion regardless of load or speed. Add to that, intuitive, two-screw adjustability and do-it-yourself field servicing and you’ve got a trusted set essential since 2014. Now GTC sponsor MSE Grip is offering their Sliders along with a new accessory – the Steady Rest.
Regardless of size: 29", 35", 45" or 70", Matthews sliders deliver more than smooth camera movement to virtually any gearhead/fluidhead camera combination. They also add stability in otherwise challenging lock-off positions, like getting the camera over a ledge or windowsill without equipment damage or harming talent below. To extend reach, they provide offset mounting for the included rotating Mitchell swivel base that’s useful for tabletop, car interiors and other situations. Because you never know which way is up in a shot, the flexible slider may be positioned standard upright or inverted for low angles or when operating a Lambda head. It can even support more than one carriage (175lb/80kg) at a time for A and B camera shots.
Now, to help accommodate weight offsets, Matthews has introduced the Steady Rest. It's a double-riser telescoping pole featuring a rugged crutch tip on the bottom and Matthews 5/8” Baby Pin on the top for simple attachment. With a 90lb/40kg load capacity, this is the ideal way to distribute the weight and prevent sag when supporting a hefty camera rig on the far end of the Slider. The Baby Ball Head adapter makes for easy rigging on the bottom of the Slider. Steady Rest is also useful for Steadicam and other stabilizers because it makes a handy back-saving support between shots.
The Slider package includes Mitchell swivel base, carriage and 2" riser, in addition to levelling legs, extra 3/8-16" screws and hardware. The Slider and Steady Rest are available through the company’s worldwide dealer network.
Matthews Slider features
- Four sizes: 29", 35", 45", 70" (74cm/89cm/114cm/178cm)
- Oversized easy to maintain rollers (with a cloth and water)
- Wheels adjust up/down, in/out with turn of a screw
- No magnets: easily adjustable rubber bumper cushion each end
- No reachover: dual side controls for friction and lock-off break
- 360-degree turret with locks that may be offset
- Dozens of 3/8-16 rigging holes
- Positive lock at 90 degrees
Matthews Steady Rest features
- 28”–70” (71cm–178cm) height range
- 5/8” knurled baby stud on top for a sure connection
- Non-slip crutch tip on bottom
- All-steel risers
- V-shaped brass brakes for 3-point strong contact
- Thick threaded collars secure a solid bite from T-handles and set screws
For more information visit: www.msegrip.com