Public Liability Insurance from the GTC
We are pleased to announce that, with effect from 1 May 2017, GTC members are able to benefit from a public liability insurance facility arranged through Performance Film and Media Insurance.
This facility, offering competitive rates, is provided by Performance Film & Media Insurance and underwritten by one of the UK’s largest insurers.
More details about the policy can be obtained by contacting Performance on: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the facility?
The facility provides GTC members with public liability insurance on the following basis:
- Public Liability Insurance for claims up to £10,000,000
- Excess for third party property damage claims: £150
- Access to a risk solutions helpline, which will provide advice on risk management, compliance, security and health and safety by phone. The helpline will be available from 9am–5pm, Monday to Fridays, excluding Bank Holidays.
- The annual policy runs from 1 May to 30 April.
Subject to full policy conditions, available upon request.
Costs and types of cover
- Individuals and limited companies undertaking insured activities where the member is the only director or employee other than a director who is a family member undertaking clerical duties: £26 including Insurance Premium Tax.
- Limited companies undertaking insured activities where the member is a director, with up to two other directors and a spend on hiring in freelancers up to £25,000: £45 including Insurance Premium Tax.
About the cover
The GTC has arranged this Insurance with Performance Film & Media to provide GTC members who opt in, with Public Liability cover at a Limit of Indemnity of £10,000,000.
For full policy information you should refer to the wording of the Performance Media Insurance Policy and the Policy Schedule.
However, In order to provide some clarification around certain activities, the GTC has compiled the following guidance:
Use of Drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
There is no cover provided for this activity. Performance can arrange drone insurance, but this would be a separate Insurance Policy.
Work at Height
Cover is provided for Work up to a Height of 40 metres provided a written risk assessment is carried out and a record kept for three years. Written risk assessments are only a Policy Condition when the Work at Height exceeds 10 metres.
Filming in swimming pools that are closed to the public when filming is taking place is acceptable provided a written risk assessment is carried out and a record kept for three years.
The Public Liability Insurance allows members to carry out work worldwide. However, where the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against travel to an area, written confirmation of cover must be sought from Performance.
Filming on or in offshore installations
Cover is excluded. Performance can look to provide insurance for this on a project by project basis.
Filming at Airports
Cover is provided at a reduced Limit of Indemnity of £2,000,000. If cover above this limit is required please contact Performance.
Filming involving the use of Heat
Cover is provided at a reduced Limit of Indemnity of £5,000,000. If cover is required above this limit please contact Performance.
Apply for GTC Public Liability Insurance now