GTC Environmental Policy
The Guild of Television Camera Professionals (GTC) is committed to helping deliver an environmentally sustainable media production industry. We seek to better understand and manage our impact, implementing initiatives to act on our opportunity to make a meaningful difference.
Our impacts are:
- Production and distribution of our magazines Zerb and GTC In Focus
- Organising events and workshops for GTC members
- Exhibiting at trade fairs
- Regular GTC Council meetings
Our potential to make a difference is via:
- GTC Council members and GTC Ambassador
- GTC members
- Suppliers to the GTC who provide services e.g. printers, meeting facilities, pop-up banners and graphics production, merchandise, membership packs, AGM venue and facilities providers
- Yearly update of the environmental policy.
- At least one Council member must have received official carbon literacy training.
- Ensuring that the production of our magazines continues in the most sustainable way possible, which is currently producing them on FSC certified paper, with vegetable based inks and posting them in recycled paper envelopes.
- Offering members the choice to opt out of print publications.
- Encouraging Council members when on official business (attending meetings, exhibitions, events and workshops etc.) to use public transport and car sharing where possible.
- Reducing the number of miles taken to transport exhibition materials by transporting them to Council members local to the exhibition at meetings or sharing transportation with other exhibitors.
- Reducing the amount of unavoidable travel taken by Council members by having subcommittee meetings take place online or directly after Council meetings (and holding more full Council meetings online).
- Monitoring and offseting the unavoidable elements of the carbon footprint caused by GTC Council members on official business.
- Endeavouring to source environmentally sustainable or reuseable giveaways for exhibitions.
- Offering sustainability training and resources to all GTC members through BAFTA albert’s free training schemes and the GTC website.
Pages in this section
Environmental good practice
Environmental good practice: albert - One of the best sources of advice for environmental good practice in film and TV is BAFTA's initiative albert. albert is... [READ MORE]
Battery recycling and safe storage Batteries are an essential part of the TV/film industry, including everything from the rechargeable ones that power cameras to disposables used for lapel microphones. We... [READ MORE]