A great day out for the GTC
The sun shone on us, there was a great turnout, the AGM went well, the catering was delicious, the sponsors of the day, Canon, brought along some great new kit to try out - some of the driving left a bit to be desired, but hey, you can't have everything!
The day offered:
- great networking - young cameramen new to the industry were able to chat to and take advice from vastly experienced cameramen and make connections that might kickstart their careers
- at the other end of the spectrum, older and retired cameramen were able to socialise with colleagues both old and and young and keep up with happenings in the industry
- GTC sponsors Canon were able to showcase their latest auto-focus OB lenses and the new XF305 camera in a realistic environment and gain valuable feedback from working cameramen
- in amongst it all, GTC business was done - a new Constitution for the GTC was ratified, the annual accounts were presented, and GTC members were given the chance to express their opinions on the running of their Guild
- above all, it was great fun - members and sponsors took to the go-kart track to race against each other and as for the antics on the skid pan, well some of that was frankly scary!
So, fun, competition, hands-on product trials, sociability ... and a free lunch.
Truly A Big Day Out!